Jixi City, Heilongjiang Province, China
Location: A city in southeastern Heilongjiang Province. Bordering cities are Mudanjiang and Qitaihe. It also borders Russia's Primorsky Krai to the southeast.
||Establishment of Sister City Relations
||2 Cities 1 District 6 Prefectures
||Continental Monsoon Climate
||May 21, 2008
Abundant mineral resources (coal, graphite, silica)
- 56 mineral veins have been discovered so far
- Key Minerals: Coal, graphite, silica, Potash feldspar, marble, gold, platinum, palladium, mineral water
- Has a lot of coalfields, has 7 types of quality coals including coking coals, gas coals and high calorie coals
Coal Reserves: 8 bil tons / annual coal production: 30 mil tons
- Coal Mines: 12 state-owned enterprises, around 50 private enterprises
- Graphite Reserves: 780 mil tons (No.1 in Asia) / annual production: 70,000 tons
- Silica Reserves: 40 mil t / annual production: 3 mil t
- Marble Reserves: 630 mil tons
- Gold Reserves: 5t
Resources (Wild Resources)
- Wide variety of herbs (around 100 varieties)
- 300 types of mountain vegetables including brackens which is popular in Korean as well
- 39 types of wild animals including tigers, bears, deer, roe deer, martens and 65 types of fish
- Also a fish called Daebaegeo (Erythroculter Ilishaeformis) is considered one of the four greatest freshwater fish in China
Resources (Agricultural Resources)
- Jixi is the primary grain producing region in Heilongjiang Province : 554,000ha
- Key crops are soybeans and vegetables. 11 large state-owned farms in the city produce 2 million tons of grains every year.
- 31 crops have acquired green food mark and generate KRW 2.04 billion every year
- The border between Russia is 631km. The two Class-1 State customs office in Mashan and Jianchang process 2 mil tons of cargo every year, 600 to 900 vehicles a day and 850,000 people every year.
- The environment is good for business, commercial and technological investment and start-ups.
- There is also a foreign investment service center that provides one-stop services for foreign investors
Key Exchange Areas
- The two cities are aimed at increasing inter-city exchanges and cooperation in the administrative, educational, cultural, arts, economic, sports and environmental sectors under the principles of reciprocity and equality.
- The two cities are working towards globalization and mutual growth of Korea and China
- The two cities always stay in contact so that they can always cooperate towards inter-city exchanges and common interests
Jixi University, Lake Xingkai, Ussuri River and ancient fortress sites from the Liao Dynasty and Jin Dynasty periods