||1 Office, 4 Bureaus, 28 Departments 1 Branch Office
||KRW 326.5 bil
|Establishment of Sister City Relations
||Oct 14, 1999
|Place of Establishment
||Samcheok City Hall
Seongbuk-gu has a total of 1,716 commercial facilities and factories including 2 department stores. Seongbuk-gu also has a start-up support center and 2 stores for its shared small and medium-sized business brand called 'Trizm'.
- Seongbuk-gu is an important transportation center that connects Seoul's central urban area to northeastern parts of Seoul. 70% of Seongbuk-gu are hilly areas. Mt. Bukansan National Park and 7 universities are located at Seongbuk-gu.
- Seongbuk-gu's main roads, Mia-ro, Dongsumun-ro and Jongam-ro have been expanded and the district is actively involved in infrastructure expansion and housing improvement projects to transform into the most livable city in the nation.
Historical, Cultural and Social Characteristics
- Seongbuk-gu was established on August 13, 1949 under the Presidential Decree No. 159.
- Seongbuk-gu has 26 tangible cultural heritages including Jeongneung, intangible cultural heritage masters of Pansori and Jogakjang (Metal Engraving) and Mt. Bukansan National Park.
Key Exchange Areas
- Mutual growth through economic exchanges and trades of special regional products
- Reducing negative regionalism and increasing mutual understanding through civilian exchanges in cultures, arts and sports
- Sharing healthy culture and increasing the opportunity for natural learning through youth exchanges
- Sharing administrative information through local assembly members' and public officials' mutual visits
- Cooperation and mutual support in regards to natural disasters and common interests of the two cities
Go to the website